Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: Production & Requests » Cape-Sponsored Event Ideas

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 pm
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:17 am 

I'm starting this thread to help brainstorm new ideas for the Cape's annual EROS and SORE event(s) in Febuarary... It's always been one of the station's biggest annual events, but as it's been pointed out, the epic "Purple Passion" saga doesn't really make sense outside of the context CoH provided. As such I feel it would be best to prepare something to help fill the gap, perferably with enough time for the DJs to actually impliment and organize said ideas. And I'd rather not just have the suggestions disappear into the depths of Cape Chat to be forgotten... hence the "hard copy" here in the forums.

So yeah, if you have an idea on how the event can be altered/added to in order to better fit the CO and/or TSW game settings, feel free to chip in here. The more suggestions there are, the more options the DJs will have to work with, so don't hold back! :wink:

YOINK! "That whooshing sound you hear is me rushing to hijack that phrase for my sig line. Oh, hey look. :D " ~ DJ Nexus

'What is best in life?' 'To AoE your enemies, see them rooted before you, and hear the lamentations of the griefers.' ~ Nachtkat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:15 am 

"Super Singles" -- a hero dating service interview!

(This idea was somewhat inspired by Sultery Siren's X-mas show last week, with the holiday greetings she had people record and send in. So thanks for the inspiration, SS.)

The premise is pretty simple: in-character soundbites in the style of those old fashioned video (audio) interviews many dating companies used to make use of, somewhat before the internet became a public forum for quick & easy hookups.

Players who want to help/participate can use the Audacity program to record the pitch of their "single" CO or TSW character(s?), giving some basic information about their "aplicant" and what that person wants in a personal relationship. Those who chose to use someone else's vocal or creative talents for certain characters are free to do so, of course, but the parties involved would have to work out the details of script and recording on their own, which will likely be a complicated process.

While what goes into the soundbite will be up to the player, some basic information that should be included are things like:
- Name (or heroic alias)
- Species (Optional for most I suppose, but I'm sure there's be quite a variety of choices out there...)
- Likes and/or Dislikes
- Personal Perferences (As in what they look for in a friend, girl/boyfriend, spouse/life partner. Or just what they want from a personal relationship in general.)

As for what the DJs can do (besides organize and play the clips obviously), it would help set the mood if there was a short blurb at the beginning (and possibly end) of the segment explaining and extoling the virutes of the dating service known as "Super Singles," much like the current Innsmouth Academy PSAs. Throwing in some appropriate background music to help set the mood, I think.

Since these are a bunch of hopeful singles we're talking about, these segments will probably air during EROS rather than SORE. The general idea is to keep things upbeat, humorous, and perhaps a tad nutty... though if anyone wants to do a "dammit all to Hell, why am I even bothering with this?!" rant for their character's soundbite, I'm sure that will be equally welcomed by everyone.

YOINK! "That whooshing sound you hear is me rushing to hijack that phrase for my sig line. Oh, hey look. :D " ~ DJ Nexus

'What is best in life?' 'To AoE your enemies, see them rooted before you, and hear the lamentations of the griefers.' ~ Nachtkat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:18 am 

Hmm... in opposition to the Super Signles "dating service videos" for EROS... perhaps something like a "breakup hotline" for SORE? More on this later, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:58 am 

Speed Dating Roleplay -- aka "As if I have time to go out

This one is pretty straight forward. During a pre-determined part of the EROS event, people can drop by the in game show with any of their bachlor/bachorlette characters and participate in a "speed dating" RP event, being paired off with each other for several minutes of quick conversation before moving on to a new partner. How the conversation goes is entirely up to the individual players and/or the charcters in question... Flirtation, snarky humor, a friendly chat, deadpan rejection, eavsdroping on other participents--even the classic "long and awkward silence" are all welcome forms of interaction, so long as people enjoy themselves!

The pairing will likely be based a rotation of sorts, but how (dis)organized it is depends on the whims of the DJ who volunteers to run the event. Since this is "speed" dating, I envision the individual chats lasting somewhere between a single song and a single set... Again, this will be at the discretion of the DJ, though I'm sure some consistancy would be appreciated.

... There's not much more to this idea, really, though further suggestions would be appreciated. In the end, the event will mostly an incentive or excuse for various listeners to RP at the show--as if we really needed one! XD It will also bring into contact characters might not seek each other out under normal circumstancs, with potentially interesting results, which itself has merit.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
4 posts • Page 1 of 1