Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: Game Discussions » General Games Planning

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:36 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Gems of War
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:38 am 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: djonehitwonder
AOL: OneHitWonder+CoH
Gems of War is a match-3 battle game that is free to play on Steam and mobile devices. I started a Guild for Logos' and my characters and ended up adding a bunch of Capesters. They recently revamped the Guild system, making the rewards much more beneficial to all members while allowing you to concentrate on your favorite play style. So for those current members who haven't logged in for awhile, check it out! And anyone else who is interested in joining the guild, just let me know what your invite code is. The guild name is RandomWonders and we have room for 8-10 more people.

"Some princesses are not content to sit around, waiting to be saved. Some go out looking for trouble. Others drag trouble kicking and screaming down massive towers while painting sparkles and hearts on the walls."

Rewondered - Badly Drawn Designs - Twitter - Facebook

Post subject: Re: Gems of War
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:23 pm 
Cape DJ

After playing with the new guild system for a few weeks, I have to say I really like it. We have about seven active players (plus the 2nd accounts that Logos and I play) and we are getting a TON of stuff every week. While the guild is and always will be a no pressure casual one, I am certainly going to encourage people to at least log in to collect their goodies, and will greatly appreciate any help with increasing those goodies for everyone.

Here's what you are currently getting as a member of the guild:
    A daily login bonus of 100%. Each day you log in you receive 200 Gold, so with the bonus that is 400 Gold. You also get a loyalty bonus for logging in on consecutive days. On the 7th day and every consecutive day thereafter, you will be receiving a total of 1000 Gold thanks to the guild bonus.

An extra two turns on Treasure Maps. You normally start with 8 turns, as a member of the guild you will start with 10.
    A 2% bonus to your Tribute chance from your kingdoms.
    A 1% bonus to your Tribute amount when you get one.
    A 5% bonus to your XP earned.
    A 5% bonus to your Souls earned.
    A bunch of bonuses to all of your Masteries for each type of Magic. (Each is currently +18-20)

Each week starts on Sunday night/Monday morning at 3am Eastern time. We are consistently finishing all of the level 1-4 Tasks and some of the level 5 Tasks each week, so by Sunday nights you will likely receive at least:
    9 Treasure Maps
    70 Gems
    360 Glory
    700 Souls
    240 Gold Keys
    28 Glory Keys
    2 Event Keys

Any Gold we have put into Tasks that have not been completed by the time the week changes over is split up among the members of the guild, so I would especially appreciate it if you logged in to collect that and gave it back into one of the guild Tasks.

You also receive Guild Seals for logging in each day and for completing various game elements, such as winning a battle or getting at least 60 moves on a Treasure Map. These Seals can be used to buy Guild Chests, which are much like the Gold Chests. I suggest "spending" your Seals on Sundays, as we increase the rarity of the rewards based on how many Seals we've collected as a guild each week, so your best rewards are going to be available on Sundays.

For those who don't like the battle aspect of the game, you can concentrate on the Treasure Maps, and spend your Glory in the Rewards section of the Shop to get more maps in addition to the 9 you'll get each week from the guild.

For those that are getting stuck on the Quests, you can use the Souls to level up your Troops, and the Keys will give you additional Troops and Traitstones. After turning in all my Keys and disenchanting the extra Troops, I usually end up with a few thousand Souls to spend.

If you just want to help out the guild, I suggest logging in at least on Sundays if not daily. Collect your goodies from your mail, then turn in all your Keys. Spend your Gems in the Shop on Gold and your Glory on one (or more if you have enough) of the packs, which will get you more Keys and 5000 Gold. Then go to the Guild page and collect your Seals, and put your Gold into the Tasks of your choice. If you complete any of the Tasks, collect the goodies from your mail and repeat any of the above as necessary.

We have room for 6-7 more people in the guild, and I am not planning to kick any inactive players until we need their spots for active players.

If you need me to provide screenshots to explain/help with any of the above, let me know. I'm also considering doing some tutorials so if there is anything you have questions on, please let me know.

"Some princesses are not content to sit around, waiting to be saved. Some go out looking for trouble. Others drag trouble kicking and screaming down massive towers while painting sparkles and hearts on the walls."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:48 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: wyldturtle
Hey Wondie, is there any way you can kick my second account, Gróa, from the guild? The tablet that I was using for that account died months ago. :(

Champions Online: DJ Amethyst
Neverwinter: Aeryn de Sagyere

YIM: wyldturtle
e-mail: wyldturtle@gmail.com

Don't ask the questions you don't want the answers to.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:53 pm 
Cape DJ

DJ Amethyst wrote:
Hey Wondie, is there any way you can kick my second account, Gróa, from the guild? The tablet that I was using for that account died months ago. :(

Yep, I can. Figured I'd worry about it when we needed the space. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:42 pm 
Cape DJ

WLM: cyrissia@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: cyrissia
AOL: Kenbo Live
My invite code is CYRISSIA.

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. - Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:16 pm 
Cape DJ

Agent Crypto wrote:
My invite code is CYRISSIA.

Invite sent!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:18 pm 
Cape DJ

Note: If you get an error message saying you are not in a guild, just try it again. You may need to restart the game. This is a server issue, I have not removed anyone from the guild yet, as we still have space. If/when I do remove anyone, I'll post in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:50 pm 
Cape DJ

WLM: cyrissia@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: cyrissia
AOL: Kenbo Live
I had no issues. Tapped join and I'm in. I have no idea what I'm doing mind you, but it's a fun little game.

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. - Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:43 pm 
Cape DJ

Note for all guild members: before you log out, please go to the guild tab and claim your seals. You'll still receive any unclaimed seals you've earned at the end of the week, but they don't count toward the guild's progress unless they're claimed. The more seals that are claimed each week, the better the rewards in the guild chests when you spend your seals (which I recommend doing on Sundays as mentioned in my previous post).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:12 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: thedoomkitten
There is one element of the game that has me confused and that is Treasure Maps. Is there some kind of trick or strategy to doing those? I noticed you need to reach 60 turns in order to get credit towards guild seals and I think I've only ever reached a maximum of 20 turns when I was really lucky.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:24 pm 
Cape DJ

Doomgineer wrote:
There is one element of the game that has me confused and that is Treasure Maps. Is there some kind of trick or strategy to doing those? I noticed you need to reach 60 turns in order to get credit towards guild seals and I think I've only ever reached a maximum of 20 turns when I was really lucky.

Treasure Maps took me a bit to figure out because their mechanic is a bit different, so my first bit of advice is to play a few and pay attention to how the matches work.

I look for matches in a certain priority order:
    -A Match-5, for the extra turns
    -A Match-3 that will create a Match-5
    -A Match-4, so I don't lose any turns
    -A Match-3 that will create a Match-4
    -A Match-3 that will create multiple Match-3s
    -A Match-3 near the bottom to (hopefully) create a cascade

I'm able to fairly consistently get the 60+ turns, though sometimes I just get a bad map. My best so far is 247 turns. I think I've had about a dozen 200+ maps, so it doesn't happen very often, but this strategy seems to work for me overall. My goal isn't to get as many safes as possible (I think the most I've ever gotten was four) but to move the board as much as possible. I try to avoid Match-3s that only match those 3.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:02 am 

Three or more of the same type will turn into one of the next type.
copper->silver->gold->bag->etc

Only the coins will replenish the board due to absences created by matching,

The computer hints can sometimes be useful for identify 4+ matches that you may have not noticed, but there's no guarantee that is the best or even a good move. So don't rely on it too much.

Only the coins will replenish the board due to absences created by matching,

Matches made at or closer to the bottom have more of a chance of changing the board, as in they will cause everything above them to move. So if you have a 5 up top and a 5 further down, match the 5 up top first and doing the 5 further down might disrupt the 5 up top.

Keep in mind what your action can cause and what possibilities it can create or destroy.

Steam: madmarker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:46 am 
Cape DJ

We currently have room for one more person in the guild, and I've had three people express interest in playing. Logos and I each have an extra character that we can move out of the guild to make room if need be, but we also have three people who haven't logged in over 200 days plus a couple of new players I'm not sure are going to stick with it. So if you are in the guild and decide you no longer want to play, please let me know so I can clear a spot for someone who does want to play. This always has been and always will be a no pressure guild, but since we are limited to 30 people I do want to give priority to people who are active players.

We have gotten really close to the 3-star upgrade for Guild Chests a couple of times so please remember to claim your Guild Seals. You get 15 just for logging in each day, so even if you only logged in briefly every day to claim your seals you would be contributing 105 a week. The 3-star upgrade gives us a chance to get Legendary and Mythic troops with our Guild Keys.

We've gotten the daily login guild bonus gold to 140% and the mastery bonuses are all getting close to 40, which will upgrade all the Guardians' bonuses except brown, which we need to get to 50 to unlock the next bonus.

Currently our bonuses are:
    Red = +2% Tribute Chance
    Blue = +15% XP
    Green = +2 Map Turns
    Yellow = +3% Tribute Amount
    Purple = +15% Souls
    Brown = 0 (need to get to level 50 for a Glory bonus)
I suspect these will go up next week, and we'll get the Brown one within a month.

We are still consistently getting the 1-4 level Tasks completed. Most of the time we get the level 5 ones too. We've even completed a couple of the level 6 ones a few times.

I am considering starting a Facebook Group for the guild so we have a central place to talk about the game, ask each other questions, share our favorite teams, etc. The guild chat is a little clunky and limited and I am always forgetting to check it.

I'm also considering starting a second guild if we get enough interest, as 30 is a hard limit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:47 pm 
Cape DJ

Gems of War guild members, please remember to claim your seals! We might even be able to reach the fourth level of chests this week, and while you'll still get the seals at the end of the week if you don't claim them, the guild gets NO credit and thus less upgrades. Ours is a pretty laid back guild, but this is the one thing I really want everyone to do. Thanks!

Attachments:
claimseals.jpg
claimseals.jpg [ 196.85 KiB | Viewed 424 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:32 pm 

Gems of War stuff in the humble bundle $1 tier.

https://www.humblebundle.com/e3-digital-ticket

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
15 posts • Page 1 of 1