Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: Game Discussions » Art Gallery

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:10 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:29 pm 

So, I'm not a very active forum member, apologies if I'm doing this all wrong. I noticed this Art Gallery section was a bit neglected, so I thought I'd post some of my costume ideas up. These are ones I haven't used, but may some day. This is only three, out of an entire folder of unused concepts, but they're the best imo.

First up is a patriotic bird-type superhero named "Gilded Hawk".

I imagined this character as a government project, a superhero genetically engineered to be an unquestioning, totally loyal super weapon under the guise of being "America's true hero".

Eventually she'd discover her origins and true purpose, joining the bad guys in the hope of tearing down the veil of lies being forced onto the public.

Eventually, she would realize terrorizing the city wasn't the way to go and would sacrifice herself to stop a doom laser from destroying the Renaissance Center.

Last edited by DoctorEvilface on Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:40 pm 

Next is a character based on an episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog, "The Tower of Dr. Zalost".

Doctor Lacroix is a brilliant scientist that discovered the secret to eternal life, and wanted to share his gift with the world. Eventually, however, he began to see humanity's violent nature after Detroit was obliterated by Dr. Destroyer.

Humanity became unworthy in his eyes, and he sealed himself away in his floating tower, high above the world.

Things would change after Mechanon's Steel Crusade, and he would become inspired by the heroes that fought against the robots, eventually returning to Millennium City to fight against evil.

Last edited by DoctorEvilface on Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:55 pm 

Finally, here's one I really like, but haven't been able to decide on a decent backstory for.

This is the "Heart of Darkness", a spin on the Queen of Hearts.

A totally messed up pseudo-sequel to Alice in Wonderland is what I had in mind for this one. She was either going to be Alice, infected with the "Queen's Plague", a parasitic disease originating from a monstrous version of the Queen herself...

Or the Queen, having lost her crown to Alice. The crown would have been a vessel for an intelligent parasite that twisted the minds of everyone it came in contact with. Alice would have gone mad with power, become the true Heart of Darkness, while the queen, deposed and depowered would have to stop her from spreading the Queen's Plague across the Otherlands, (aka, the multiverse.)

The concept is heavily based off of American Mcgee's Alice franchise, which itself is a pretty twisted take on Alice in Wonderland. Both concepts appealed to me greatly, and I couldn't really decide which to go with.

---

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I'll see about digging through my costumes folder to find something new and interesting to put up here. Maybe this could be a thread for anyone's costume ideas, used or not? I'd sure appreciate seeing other folk's concepts if anyone's interested.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:41 pm 

I like the concept of Doctor Lacroix a lot. His armor looks like a blend of anctient Roman and ancient Egyptian armor. Very nice, DoctorEvilface!

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
4 posts • Page 1 of 1