Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: Current Staff » DJ Ranger

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 pm
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Just wanted to say..
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:01 am 

Good show tonight...do you normally play epic type music?

Could get addictive to the writer in me...

Post subject: Re: Just wanted to say..
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:55 am 
Cape DJ

Normally I go wherever my whims take me, or where people request.

The Journey is not just my journey. I take people to music, BUt people can always request their own favourite landmarks and I do what I can.

My Regular show is broken down a little, as I see it:

First couple of hours or so: "Travelling".
I try to bring in new sights, new music I find, as well as a few songs I've seen people give good reactions to. I try to include at least one song I've not played before every week, as a minimum After all, the purpose of a Journey is to discover, explore, relax, or any mixture of these.

The last hour or so (It's never an exact science, but it's the last three sets of songs) of my show, I tend towards more specific sets every week:

Philosophy Set: This is a new edition that I've seen some pretty good reactions to. Generally, I'll try to find a spoken piece of philosophy, sometimes with appropriate background music, that I feel merits discussion, exploration and am I genuinely interested in people's thoughts on. I like to see reactions, it helps me get more of a feel for what people consider about the world, which in turn helps me find better music for people. After the spoken piece, I find songs that generally speak about or provide some reference to what was spoken about in the piece.

Comedy Set: After the srss bznss of the philosophy set, I enjoy a good laugh. My timeslot brings people into their weekends after all, and what is time away from work, time with friends, without being able to find humor or something to give a smile to someone. This can include wierd songs, mashups, songs related to comedic events that have happened in my week, or even recordings of stand-up comedy pieces.

Feature Artist Set: The last set of my show I always try to compile a set by a Single Artist. This may be an old favourite, Something new I've found from a single artist or group, or even requests (Though I'm surprised no-one has requested any artists yet... I think I'll have to put something up on that. Thoughts abound!)

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
2 posts • Page 1 of 1