Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: We've Got Your Back » Upcoming Events

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:48 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:50 am 
Cape DJ

Costume Contest Themes are as follows:
ZOMBIES, WITCHES, AND BATS! OH MY! -- It's a Halloween Staple! And it's exactly how it says: Zombies, Witches, or Bats welcome! (Men, Warlocks are Okay.)
FREAK SHOW -- A Dual-Purpose Theme: You can either come as a City of Heroes/Villains Freak Show inspired character, or you can come as a carnival freak (monsters, beasts, people of smaller stature, and oddities welcome!)

The Group Costume Contest will be themeless: you can pick any theme you like as long as all of your characters fit the theme you chose. As with the prior Group Contest, we ask the following:
  • Use a theme that the public will understand (Yes, we all played City of Heroes, but "My Awesome Triumph Supergroup" isn't going to be widely known unless you had a popular SG across all 10 US servers. IIRC, no one managed to pull that off. And not everybody played on Freedom or Virtue. :) )
  • Also, no City of Heroes IP costumes in this contest. (We're here as the Freedom Phalanx!) That's too easy to pull off with DB Editing... make original costumes, please.

Unlike last summer, there will be no separate contest for multiple instances or multiple players as a group. (No one entered with multiple players.) Just one big happy contest.

New This Year -- The Costume Race is this: at the start of the event, we'll call out a theme. You will then have 30 minutes to head to the Tailor, make the costume (or log off and DB edit something) and return at the end of the clock to be judged. 30 minutes is absolute: anyone who doesn't make it before the clock runs out is disqualified, so make good choices and know your costume creator/DB textures well!

Player Missions this year include:

"Witch Phrase is Which?" with CrashPositron -- A Player Mission of adventure and suspense in a race against time!

"Hide and Seek" with DangerousDawn -- Try to find Maureen O'Moore in the environs of Croatoa for prizes!

No, my name didn't come from food, Haley.

Last edited by Tahquitz on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:46 am 
Cape DJ

Final Schedule posted above (update.)

No, my name didn't come from food, Haley.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
2 posts • Page 1 of 1