Post subject: I Did A Thing...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:34 am 
Station Manager

WLM: halfelven_rogue@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: fair_hero
AOL: Miss+Dralyn
Facebook: Angelkins
Twitter: Kryssieness
As y'all know, I sing. So, I did a thing.

I'll likely not play it on my shows. I feel like I play crappy covers of songs when I do that, plus I know there's a good many people who don't like Frozen in any way, shape, or form.

But, lemme tell you why this song is important to me... (natch, you can skip this part).

I grew up in a Christian home. We weren't Baptists, but we weren't Evangelicals, either. We just were. I was reared as a "perfect" (albeit, highly mischievous) child. I excelled in music, theatre, art, English, and Sciences and graduated valedictorian of my class. I went to a Fundamental Baptist college...where I began to leave that "perfect girl" image behind because it was so fake and it wasn't who I was. I graduated and went back to PA with my family, starting to stray further from their "perfect girl" they wanted. Finally, I'd had enough and I moved out--which broke my parents' hearts. Then I moved to California, which devastated them.

Lemme put it like this...

"Here I stand, and here I'll stay--let the storm rage on! Unlimited! My future is unlimited--and I just had a vision, almost like a prophecy...one thought crystalizes like an icy blast: I'M NEVER GOING BACK! So, if you care to find me, look to the Western sky! ... and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free! ... Let it go! And I'll rise like the break of dawn! Let it go! That perfect girl is gone! Here I stand in the light of day--and you can't bring me down."

Those lines are MY LIFE, and it took thousands of tries to sing them without crying.

Please enjoy this piece. It really is from my heart that I sing it.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onjeleekah & Dhegso | Minecraft: Kryssieness
Twitter: @Kryssieness | Facebook: Angelkins | Skype: crymson_fate | YIM: fair_hero | Steam: Angelcakes
dA | Patreon

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
1 post • Page 1 of 1