Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: We've Got Your Back » The Utility Belt

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:19 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Support
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:31 pm 

Well I've been obese my since early childhood. Over the years I've tried dieting many times only to lose some and gain more back. A few months back I weighed my self and found myself to be heavier that I have ever been, A few months back I cut out refined sugar and started eating low carb high fat diet. It started off pretty good but I had a few off weeks where I had some trouble staying on plan. However this past week I did hit my first goal of 25 lbs. down.

I have a long way to go and I noticed that this topic has been pretty quiet for a while. I would welcome any advice or encouragement I can get. (if it is not too much trouble.)

Last edited by icecigal on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Support
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:51 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: wyldturtle
Congrats on hitting 25 lbs down! Cutting out refined sugar is really hard, it takes a -lot- of label reading, so you're awesome for undertaking that. GO YOU!!

Champions Online: DJ Amethyst
Neverwinter: Aeryn de Sagyere

YIM: wyldturtle
e-mail: wyldturtle@gmail.com

Don't ask the questions you don't want the answers to.

Post subject: Re: Support
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:00 am 
Station Manager

WLM: halfelven_rogue@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: fair_hero
AOL: Miss+Dralyn
Facebook: Angelkins
Twitter: Kryssieness
Congrats!!! Changing up your lifestyle is super difficult!

My diet plan is most a paleo/primal type of diet (so, lots of meats & veggies, some fruit, little to no grains, no beans, no soy). My only advice would be, if you can, lift weights. Build up to lift heavy weights. Pick heavy things up and put them down. Pushing the weights, coupled with your diet, will help to burn fat and build muscle. You don't have to worry about "bulking up" because, unless you're slamming protein shakes and such, you will be fine. I was benching 115lbs and squatting over 200lbs; I was never bulky, at all. I wasn't even cut. Just really strong! ^_^

Weights are your friends, unless you don't have grip strength, due to neuropathy or some such (which is my problem, now). Still, if you can do resistance work, that would be even better. For me, I run at least 2x/wk and try to get in some other type of exercise on non-running days, if my fatigue allows.

YOU can DOOOOO EEEEEEET!!!!!!!!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onjeleekah & Dhegso | Minecraft: Kryssieness
Twitter: @Kryssieness | Facebook: Angelkins | Skype: crymson_fate | YIM: fair_hero | Steam: Angelcakes
dA | Patreon

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
3 posts • Page 1 of 1